Position – Window & Gutter Cleaning Technician
The Window & Gutter Cleaning Tech is primarily responsible for performing the day-to-day tasks of cleaning residential and commercial windows and gutters on both a routine and seasonal basis. Additionally, the Tech will perform other services offered by the company. including, moss removal, pressure washing, awning cleaning, snow removal, etc.
- The ability to work steadily for 8 hours/day, including tasks such as walking, standing, kneeling, reaching, lifting, and climbing
- Cleaning of interior and exterior residential windows using industry standard techniques and equipment
- Removal, cleaning, and replacement of interior and/or exterior storm windows
- Removal, cleaning, and replacement of interior and/or exterior residential screens
- Cleaning of interior and exterior commercial and retail windows using industry standard techniques and equipment
- Power washing asphalt, siding and concrete
- Gutter cleaning and scrubbing
- Clearing/removing snow (and ice) by hand shovel, snow blower, or plow
- Proper use of assist equipment such as reach poles and ladders.
- Demonstrate a great attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Works well in a team environment and works well collaboratively (able to contribute positively).
- Possess good time management skills, self-motivated.
- Ability to work at heights and climb a ladder up to 40 feet.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to observe and adhere to all industry and worksite safety regulations and requirements, and perform all tasks in a safe manner.
- Adept at establishing professional relationships with customers.
- Ability to organize assigned tasks for completion, alone or with coworkers.
- Ability to problem solve and envision all steps in assigned tasks.
The work environment varies from day-to-day depending on the job site, and includes outdoor and indoor work. Weather conditions will play a large part in the scheduling of work and in the staging of the job. This position handles exterior work and is frequently exposed to heat, cold, and rain. Typically, work will continue in situations of mild weather such as light rain, snow, and/or wind. However, jobs may be cancelled, or modified, due to weather that makes for unsafe work conditions. A decision to cancel work will be made at management’s discretion.
This is largely a physical role that requires being on your feet for long periods at a time (and kneeling, bending, reaching). loading and unloading equipment. as well as moving, carrying and climbing ladders (up to a 40’). and working from higher elevations. It also requires the safe driving and operation of a full-sized pick-up truck (which is provided by the company).
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm.
Required Education and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Clean driving record, and a valid driver’s license.
- Previous window and gutter cleaning experience a plus, but not required.
- An average or better mechanical and/or technical aptitude is preferred.
Adam Brown, Regional Manager
Phone: (250) 884-4596
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour (plus performance based incentives)