Position – Window & Gutter Cleaning Technician (signing BONUS*)
Have you ever dreamed of visiting British Columbia or exploring Canada’s west coast? How about making a move to one of the most beautiful cities in the world (ranking among the top 10 best small cities in the world according to Condé Nast in 2020) for work, and Friendly Giant will give you a $250 signing bonus* to do so!
As the capital of British Columbia, Victoria is widely recognized as a top destination in the travel and tourism industry. Victoria is also well-known for being all-around awesome with myriad awards to prove it.
Located on the southernmost tip of Vancouver Island Victoria ranks incredibly well in terms of its economic, climate, attraction and amenity ratings. This makes Victoria one of the best places to live and work in Canada. It’s the perfect location for anyone looking to create an ideal work-life balance.
Once you’ve arrived in Victoria getting around the city couldn’t be easier. As one of the most bike-friendly cities in the country Victoria is a cyclist’s paradise with hundreds of kilometres of cycle paths, bike lanes and routes throughout the city. Moreover, Victoria is an outdoor enthusiast’s playground. So, whether you are a devoted cyclist, an avid hiker, a skier, a rock climber, or enjoy all kinds of water sports, living in Victoria can provide you with incredible year-round outdoor opportunities.
With the mildest climate in Canada, known internationally as the City of Gardens, Victoria is one of Canada's driest regions with a growing season that never ends. Winters are mild and summers are pleasantly warm (but not too hot – perfect for working outdoors).
As you can see Victoria has it all. It’s easy to understand why we Victorians are so proud of our city and why it is such an attraction for both Canadians and expats not merely as a tourist destination but as a great place to live, work, and raise a family. Consider moving to Victoria, B.C. and taking a job with Friendly Giant, a local window cleaning company.
* $250 signing bonus will be paid out after the first six months of continuous employment
Window & Gutter Cleaning Technician
Position – Window & Gutter Cleaning Technician
Friendly Giant Window and Gutter Cleaning is seeking the right individual to join its team of window and gutter cleaning professionals. If you are energetic, conscientious, personable, value punctuality and, of course, friendly (congenial), Friendly Giant wants to hear from you.
The successful candidate must possess a valid BC driver’s license, and either have a current work VISA, or be a resident of Canada.
Starting wage will be commensurate with experience: $17 - $20/hr. A training wage will be in effect for a three-month probationary period, after which a technician can become eligible to earn performance-based incentives. Moreover, extended health benefits are available after satisfactory completion of the probationary period.
The Window & Gutter Cleaning Tech is primarily responsible for performing the day-to-day tasks of cleaning residential and commercial windows and gutters on both a routine and seasonal basis. Additionally, the Tech will perform other services offered by the company. including, moss removal, pressure washing, awning cleaning, snow removal, etc.
- The ability to work steadily for 8 hours/day, including tasks such as walking, standing, kneeling, reaching, lifting, and climbing
- Cleaning of interior and exterior residential windows using industry standard techniques and equipment
- Removal, cleaning, and replacement of interior and/or exterior storm windows
- Removal, cleaning, and replacement of interior and/or exterior residential screens
- Cleaning of interior and exterior commercial and retail windows using industry standard techniques and equipment
- Power washing asphalt, siding and concrete
- Gutter cleaning and scrubbing
- Clearing/removing snow (and ice) by hand shovel, snow blower, or plow
- Proper use of assist equipment such as reach poles and ladders.
- Demonstrate a great attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Works well in a team environment and works well collaboratively (able to contribute positively).
- Possess good time management skills, self-motivated.
- Ability to work at heights and climb a ladder up to 40 feet.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to observe and adhere to all industry and worksite safety regulations and requirements, and perform all tasks in a safe manner.
- Adept at establishing professional relationships with customers.
- Ability to organize assigned tasks for completion, alone or with coworkers.
- Ability to problem solve and envision all steps in assigned tasks.
The work environment varies from day-to-day depending on the job site, and includes outdoor and indoor work. Weather conditions will play a large part in the scheduling of work and in the staging of the job. This position handles exterior work and is frequently exposed to heat, cold, and rain. Typically, work will continue in situations of mild weather such as light rain, snow, and/or wind. However, jobs may be cancelled, or modified, due to weather that makes for unsafe work conditions. A decision to cancel work will be made at management’s discretion.
This is largely a physical role that requires being on your feet for long periods at a time (and kneeling, bending, reaching). loading and unloading equipment. as well as moving, carrying and climbing ladders (up to a 40’), and working from higher elevations. It also requires the safe driving and operation of a full-sized pick-up truck (which is provided by the company).
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm.
Required Education and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Clean driving record, and a valid driver’s license.
- Previous window and gutter cleaning experience a plus, but not required.
- An average or better mechanical and/or technical aptitude is preferred.
Adam Brown, Regional Manager
Phone: (250) 884-4596
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour (plus performance based incentives)